Monday, June 9, 2008

Explanations...

I'd imagine every human has in them some variation of an Odysseus complex, a wanderlust, inability to commit, and often asinine hubris and stubbornness that eventually catches us in some "Hephastean net" (is there is even such a phrase). Thrown around by the gods, we soon realize the need for a measure of humility along with tact and daring. I'm preparing in my own way to be challenged and humbled, taught to eschew the egoistic monomania that so accompanies the Odysseus complex.

Like Dante, I'm also "midway upon the journey of my life, finding myself within a forest dark, for the straightforward path [has] been lost." While hardly in the same position (I'd hope my path doesn't lead me into Hell), my sophomore year is ending in a way that reveals little toward the future. I seek to find a "light unto my path."

"And as for me, I wait for the Lord."


No comments: